Abt Associates Procurements Officer Job career in Kisumu, Kenya 2013
Abt Associates Inc. is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development.
Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. T
he company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
The main goal of the project is to provide support to PMI/Kenya in realizing the planning and implementation of an IRS program with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Kenya.
Abt Associates is inviting applications for the following position in a USAID/PMI funded IRS2 Project in Kenya:
Position: Procurements Officer
Division: International Health (IHD)
Contract: Kenya IRS 2
Supervisor: Finance and Administration Manager
The USAID/PMI-funded Kenya IRS 2 Project supports the efforts of the Ministry of Health to reduce the burden of malaria in some target counties in Kenya through:
1) implementing a high quality Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) program in Homa Bay and Migori identified counties,
2) conducting comprehensive monitoring and evaluation of the IRS program, and
3) developing the capacity of the Ministry of Health and stakeholders to conduct IRS in targeted counties.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for all procurement functions of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs local procurements of commodities, in coordination with the project’s US-based Procurement & Logistics Manager, following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures, including:
- Definition of commodity specifications.
- Preparation and processing of local tenders.
- Maintenance of a registry of local and regional vendors.
- Organizes the receipt and assessment of quotations, and the selection of preferred bids.
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and processing of customs clearance and tax waivers, as applicable.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in procurement of commodities.
- At least 2 years of experience with USAID-funded development programs.
- Thorough knowledge of US Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is required.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Should be a Kenya national
Those who qualify and are interested in the position should send (or deliver) an application letter and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing contact details of three work related referees to:
Abt Associates Inc,
Abt Associates Inc,
Ojiji Oteko Road, Milimani
P.O. Box 7983,
Applications should be received no later than 1st November, 2013
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvasing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Abt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Abt considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- Abt does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.