Blue Webs Africa Web Developer / Graphics Designer Intern
Blue Webs Africa Web Developer / Graphics Designer Intern Wanted
Blue Webs Africa is looking for a highly-motivated, intelligent, and skilled individual to join its team as a PHP Developer / Graphics Designer.
He/She will be reporting to the Lead Developer
The job requires the ability to build stable, secure, and attractive web applications based on predetermined specifications, but also creativity to come up with and ability to execute one’s own ideas that will further our goals as a company.
We’ll also be looking for an eagerness to collaborate with a small team of highly-motivated people.
Candidates must be able to furnish portfolios of their work, or at least several links to websites that they have created or made substantial contributions to.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects under the guidance of our chief technical officer.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
- Develop new products and extend existing ones.
- Participate in all phases of Web application and websites development projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Rapidly develop new features based on user feedback.
- Work on weekly and bi-weekly deadlines
Required Minimum experience and qualifications
- Hands-on web development experience.
- Programming experience using PHP/MySQL required.
- Experience customizing and further developing and hacking open source software.
- Bsc Computer science (you don’t necessarily need a CS degree (although clearly, that helps), just be smart).
- Proven experience building web applications and database-driven websites.
- Interest in feature development to accommodate user needs
- Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
Other Desirable characteristics/Bonus Skills
- A focus on security is a plus.
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Python, Frameworks is a plus.
- Web Design skills a big plus
Interested and qualified candidates that meet this Job description should send their updated CV to email@example.com on or before 25th November, 2013.
Note: Successful candidate(s) will undergo a 3 months internship before securing a full employment to the company.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.