CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Job Employment in Kenya 2013
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
The M&E Specialist has primary responsibility of identifying M&E needs, designing and maintaining data collection systems and ensuring that all necessary information, from both routine reporting as well as from ad hoc data collection efforts and special studies, is collected, analyzed and used in guiding internal project planning.
The M&E Specialist conducts all appropriate analysis, including the use of complimentary data sets and secondary analysis, and fully documents activities and accomplishments in the form of reports, publications, and presentations.
S/he will develop reporting systems and indicators to ensure quality, timely, and accurate data collection, including baseline values for tracking progress of the program.
- With the project team, plan for and conduct monitoring activities and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- In close collaboration with the project team, design and submit a Performance Monitoring and Management Plan.
- Compile, analyze, and present data for reporting of program progress and impact, and quality assurance.
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of routine and ad-hoc project reports.
- Participate in operation research and other data manipulation exercises to provide evidence to facilitate project management.
- Work with CAP YEI project team in designing and developing the M&E system including developing appropriate indicators and tools for data collection for the current project to enable CAP YEI use the information for decision making.
- Work closely with CAP YEI training teams to identify how they do their own M&E and how this can be linked to project M&E in ways that are safe and appropriate.
- Build the capacity of CAP YEI in M&E data collection, analysis, interpretation and use for decision making.
- Support CAP YEI staff in entering and analyzing project data, ensure quality preparation.
- Coordinating with the M & E agency appointed by funder and understanding their requirements.
- Maintenance of M & E records.
- Development of impact evaluation parameters and monitoring the program through them.
- Degree in M&E, Biostatistics or any related field.
- Demonstrated academic and practical skills in monitoring and evaluation of youth, or other relevant services, in developing countries.
- Demonstrated practical skills in data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for reporting on program and study results.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in SPSS software preferred.
- A minimum of four (3) years working experience in monitoring and evaluation work using statistical and participatory approaches.
- Proven high level writing skills in report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer assisted software for data collection and analysis.
Note: Cap Youth Empowerment Institute does not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.