Career vacancy for Head of Finance in Nairobi Kenya 2013
A dynamic medium sized Sacco Society based in Nairobi has a vacancy for the following position;
Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will be responsible for providing strategic support to the General Manager and the Board by leading the financial planning and management process of the Society.
- Cash flow management
- Preparation of management and financial reports
- Coordinating auditing of the Sacco
- Customer service from finance perspective
- Inducting, coaching and motivating Finance Staff
- Investment of Sacco funds
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Performance management of finance operations
- Ensure compliance with statutes, policies & Board resolutions
- Monitoring, evaluation and improvement of internal controls
- Any other duty ad-hoc assigned from time to time Educational & Professional Requirements:
- Be a Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, majoring in Accounting, Finance, Economics or business related studies or equivalent from a recognized University
- Qualified professional accounting certification, such as ACCA or CPA
- At least 5 years’ experience carrying out finance management functions in a busy financial Organization probably as Head of Finance function. (Experience in working in a Sacco will be an added advantage).
- Good understanding of the internal & external policies, systems and procedures of a Sacco.
- Membership to a professional body e.g. ICPAK will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in a Sacco will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – Ms Office applications; knowledge of accounting systems and packages (Navision Dynamics).
- Ability to carry out Financial Analysis, Financial projection and budgeting
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership and Managerial skills
- Planning and organising skills
- High Integrity
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and copy of National Identity card to:
The Advertiser, D/NA 1591
P.O. Box 49010,00100
P.O. Box 49010,00100
So as to be received on or before October, 25, 2013.