Career vacancy for Monitoring & Evaluation Manager and Software Support at Kimetrica in Kenya 2013
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager and Software Support
Overview of Position:
Kimetrica is a fast growing technology company headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in the US.
In addition to software and data services, we provide support in our core areas of competence (project design and management, M&E, survey design and management, and disaster management).
Our objective is to professionalize the non-profit sector.
Kimetrica is currently providing support to a large international NGO in Kenya, which is working on a large USAID-funded food security project.
Kimetrica is also in charge of conducting the baseline survey in two districts of Kenya (in ASAL areas).
The selected person will provide direct database and software support to the project M&E team in Nairobi and in the field, ensuring that all key staff and partners are trained and receive support at any stage of M&E.
S/he will also assist the team in any reporting needs and design issues that may arise.
- Help with the development of data capture tools for the baseline survey
- Support the baseline survey team in the developing the field work plan and assist in creating materials for enumerators training
- Help the Kimetrica M&E team with the baseline survey data reductions
- Contribute to the baseline survey data analysis and reporting
- Contribute to the design of the logframe, PMP, and data collection tools
- Support the M&E team in converting M&E forms and procedures into online tools
- Help with the definition of algorithms and calculations of indicators (both PMP and corporate indicators)
- Help managing data collection and data entry processes
- Support the database management and the analysis of data
- Support the M&E team in identifying reporting needs and support the online report design
Software and database support
- Provide specific training to software users
- Provide continuous support to software users in Nairobi
- Train and support the M&E team in database management and online quality control
Terms and Conditions
- 1 months of intensive M&E software training in Nairobi – training will be mainly on software use
- 3 months of work on the baseline survey, based in the Kimetrica office in Nairobi with field missions to Northern Kenya
- 12 months (renewable up to 3 years), based in Nairobi (project office)
- Competitive salary rate based on qualifications, experience and earning history
- Degree in information systems/computer science or a related discipline
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written English, fluent in Kiswahili
- Business process analysis and design (preferred but not required)
- Good practical understanding of M&E (preferred but not required)
Send an email to email@example.com with this information:
- An email covering letter including:
- Header: Application for M&E Manager and Software Support
- A 200 word explanation of why you are suited for the position
- An indication of your availability (earliest date on which you would be available to start)
- An indication of your daily take home rate in USD for your most recent 2 assignments
- The names and email contacts of three recent employers who can provide a reference
- Please attach a recent CV. DO NOT attach proof of qualifications.
Submit by 12 PM GTM November 8th 2013.