Career vacancy at Outdoor Advertising & Retail Franchising Firm for Administrator in Kenya 2013
Summary: Our client, a medium sized outdoor advertising and retail franchising firm would like to fill the position of an Administrator.
You will provide day to day administrative and organisational office management to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
The Administrator is the first point of contact for clients and stakeholders and is responsible for:
- General office management including maintaining a filing system, and being the first point f contact in the company
- Perform human resource duties as may be required
- Being the custodian of office security and assets.
- Organize frequent trips with hotel and flight booking and prepare travel settlement
- Assist in the planning of all meetings and /or conferences and events organization as required
- Procurement of stationary and other items, close liaison for the shared Driver services, etc.
- Keep an up-to-date record of all staff matters and personnel files including annual leave and sickness records.
- Ensure that office cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
- Harmonize and supervise company courier services
- Maintain correspondence files – document control and maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, and updating
- Bookkeeping, checking invoices and preparing regular payments to service providers
- Manage the office’s accounts and the petty cash, reconcile bank statements monthly and ensure that funds are always sufficiently available
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office stationery supplies, kitchen supplies and company asset register
- Review and ensure that the reception area, all incoming and outgoing mail, telephone registers, delivery books and filing of letters are properly maintained, and following up on any exceptions.
- Staff supervision
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- 3 – 5 years experience in administration; experience in an financial institution would be an asset
- Strong organization and administrative skills – attention to detail is essential
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Good planning and organising skills
- Comfortable communicating with employees at all levels in the business
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 14th October 2013
P O Box 6416,
Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.