Career vacancy at Tullow Oil Geographical Information Systems Analyst in Kenya September 2013
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
Tullow Oil is seeking a talented, self motivated, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the following position:
- Provide advanced GIS analysis, spatial data management and cartography support to several disciplines including Operations, Exploration, Enviroment Health and Safety, Drilling, Facilities and External affairs.
- Expand the application areas of GIS across Tullow by working closely with users, potential users and clients; listening and capturing their workflows and translating their requirements into innovative GIS projects.
- Work alongside the global GIS group to implement and roll-out the Global GIS strategy across Tullow.
- Design, provide training and roll out Tullow Kenya’s GPS methodology and field data collection processes for GPS devices, cameras and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Assist in preparing training materials and providing training on both new and existing applications to end users; ensures that GIS products are delivered within a timeframe acceptable to the GIS manger and the business and solicit feedback for improvement of future services.
- Promote the potential application of GIS across Kenya
- Maintain a thorough understanding of technology developments in the GIS world, so that the Tullow systems can remain at the leading edge in terms of technology and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Surveying, Environmental Science, Geography or Geology.
- At least 5 years experience of working in similar roles that involved advanced GIS analysis, GPS data collection and Cartography
- Thoroughly conversant with a broad range of GIS technologies and their practical application within the several industries
- Proficient in the use of ESRI suite of applications including ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and geodatabases
- Experience processing satellite imagery using software like ERMapper, Erdas or ENVI is desirable but not essential
- In-depth knowledge of GPS technology and hands-on experience using GPS technology
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.; a ‘people’ person, who will listen to users and translate their desires into viable business solutions
- Ability to assess and interpret end user information requirements and to develop and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Ability to multi-task and support various GIS users/clients in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
P.O Box 6416,