Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Network Security Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Status/ Type: Full Time
Position Reporting to: Customer Operations Manager
Titles & Number of Staff Managed: N/A
Job Purpose / Summary:
Reporting to the Wananchi Group Customer Operations Manager,the Network Security Officer will help in the liaison between Wananchi Group and Government Security Organs on all issues relating to security and pirate networks.
1) Overall: Working with the Wananchi Group Customer Operations Manager to co-ordinate with all the relevant Security organs including the Kenya Police Service, KPLC Security, Kenya Copyright Board etc. to enhance the security of the Wananchi Group network and to eliminate the threats posed by piracy of content and pirate networks.
a) Receives regular intelligence information regarding piracy of content and pirate networks from internal sources (e.g. surveillance technicians) and external sources (e.g. contractors) in areas where the Wananchi Group network operates.
b) Act on the intelligence information received to co-ordinate and mobilise raids of pirate networks with all the relevant Security organs including the Kenya Police Service, KPLC Security, Kenya Copyright Board etc. as well as other affected media content providers.
c) To dismantle pirate networks identified in co-ordination with all the relevant Security organs including the Kenya Police Service, KPLC Security, Kenya Copyright Board etc. as well as other affected media content providers.
d) To co-ordinate the disposable of all the recovered pirate equipment and materials.
e) To co-ordinate and cooperate with the Wananchi Group legal team and Law enforcement agencies to ensure that previously dismantled pirate networks are not re-activated.
2) Maintain the security of the Wananchi Group network by:
a) Ensuring that there are no pirate networks operating within the environs of the Wananchi Group network.
b) Timely intervention once pirate networks have been identified to ensure they are properly dismantled.
c) Maintaining a close relationship with the relevant Government Security organs and other third-parties to ensure that they receive timely intelligence information on the installation of pirate networks in all areas of interest to the Wananchi Group.
3) Working with the Customer Operations Manager & Surveillance Technicians to:
a) Receive and track all reports of pirate networks received from surveillance technicians.
b) Act on the received information to dismantle the pirate networks ASAP in co-ordination with the relevant Security organs.
c) Ensure the security of Wananchi Group personnel as they determine the locations and network coverage pirate networks.
d) Provide regular reports on the existence of and the dismantling of pirate networks to the Wananchi Group Customer Operations Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- It is desirable that the individual has worked as a member of Kenya’s security forces.
- Diploma in IT or related technical field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge &Experience with mobilizing security operations and raids to dismantle illegal activities.
- Knowledge of Kenyan Laws relating to media content, copyright infringement etc. would be an added advantage.
- Must be of very high integrity and uphold high ethical standards and honesty.
- Develop and display the sound judgment skills that allow him to make the right decision while under duress
- Must have good administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid and clean driving license.
Deadline for applications is 27th September 2013.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com