Caritas Administration, Logistics and Human Resource Officer Job Employment in Hargeisa, Somaliland August 2013
Caritas Switzerland / Luxembourg have a joint operational office in Somaliland that has since 1995 provided humanitarian support to the disadvantaged members of the community in Somaliland
Position: Administration, Logistics and Human Resource Officer
Reporting to: Administration and Finance Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Vacant Post #: CS-ST-033
Start Before: 14th of September 2013.
1. General Administration:
He/she is responsible for the smooth running of all administrative matters of Caritas. He/she is
- Ensure that the information system is well maintained.
- Carry out verification of assets on quarterly basis, and ensure that all newly purchased items are listed in Caritas inventory list.
- Ensure that the filing systems for all project contracts, office documents are updated and consists of all necessary information.
- Ensure that organizational registration certificate, and work permits of expats are renewed
- Prepare monthly administrative and human resource reports.
- Ensure that biweekly staff meetings, Monthly watchmen and drivers meeting are held on time and its minutes are circulated three days after it adjourned.
- Responsible portable office equipment including cameras, GPS, VHF, laptops, Thuraya
- Ensures that it is recorded in separate list and properly documented and authorized.
- Draft all correspondence related with administration.
- Organize server and together with department revise current set up and ensure staff use it accordingly
- Ensure that all newly purchased assets are listed in the fixed assets register and that a category number is assigned to all assets.
- Ensure all the time that stores materials and its documentation are matching each other.
- Verify the existence of the documentation with the balance in the store every end month.
2. Logistic Management
- Ensure smooth running of logistics
- Ensure all procurements are managed smoothly in compliance with Caritas procedure
- Ensure all purchases that exceed 200 USD have gone through the purchasing procedures and quotation analysis is updated.
- Ensure flight arrangements for local and international staff are managed well.
- Ensure that transport is managed effectively and efficiently and Caritas vehicles are in good condition all the time.
- Ensure that duty free letters are prepared on time.
- Ensure that quotations of routine suppliers are done every six months.
3. Human Resource Management
- Coordinate and supervise the Logistic Assistant, Support Assistant, Watchmen, cleaners, and Drivers
- Carry out performance appraisal for above mentioned team.
- Assist the Administration and Finance Manager and project managers in the development and revision of job descriptions and list of duties for the local staff
- Update and file Human Resource related documents.
- Develop leave plans and ensure the implementation on monthly basis.
- Send International Staff list to the NSP on every Thursday
- Ensure and check that timesheet and leave registration are submitted by staff on 1st, checked by Admin & Finance Manager on 4th and signed by CR on 6th of every month.
4. Guest House
- Ensure that Guest House is functioning properly and all food supplies and maintenance are done on time.
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 years working experience with an International Organization in relevant field.
- Good command of English and Somali.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Strong team working skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels.
Applications including CV and references should be addressed to the “ Administration and Finance Manager’’ and dropped in box provided at the security office at the entrance of Caritas Switzerland / Luxembourg office in Hargeisa.
Applications must be reached to the office by“Thursday, 29.08.2013 latest at 1:00 PM.
Applications received after this time and date will not be accepted.
Kindly provide at least the names and current contact addresses of two professional references.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CVs will be kept in file and not returned.
Caritas is equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.