Declaration Clerk Job vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013 (KShs 18K)
Position: Declaration Clerk
Industry: Clearing and Forwarding
Our client, a leading freight company in clearing and forwarding in Kenya and an agent in East and Central Africa, is looking for a Declaration Clerk.
We are specifically looking for candidates with similar working experience in any of the major clearing and forwarding outlets in Kenya.
Salary is Kshs.18, 000
- Tracking shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
- Liaising closely with customers ,and internal departments to coordinate the import and export of customer goods
- Customer service to include initiating and follow-up with customers and carriers to resolve problems, answer questions, correspondence and reports;
- Ensure compliance to all regulations regarding Imports and Exports.
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc.
- Obtain Customs release for Exports and truck border consignments
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Coordination on all shipments including preparation of all documentation, working with shipping line, airlines, freight forwarders and inland carriers, providing updates, obtaining POD’s and charges, and performing all necessary data entry;
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding or business related course with experience in a logistics company
- Excellent Computer skills
- Must have 2 to 3 years progressive working experience in a busy logistics company
- Must have C plain and above in KCSE
- Must have customs declaration course
- Must have FIATA course
- Must have Dangerous goods course
To apply, send your CV ONLY to email@example.com before Monday 14th October 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.