Haligonian Investment Limited Editorial and Digital Media Internship Career Opportunity September 2013
Haligonian Investment Limited is the publisher of Destination Magazine, the leading regional lifestyle publication.
Opportunity: Editorial and Digital Media Internship
The internship opportunity is for a period of six months on a full time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, edit and maintain digital content for the website on a timely basis
- Working with existing digital assets to create fresh content
- Stay on the cutting edge of new and emerging news and events in film, music, celebrities and movies and use this to create content
- Reviewing Google analytics reports to strategize content delivery
- Ensure that content is fresh, the website content is correct and content is timely
- Use your own specialist knowledge to contribute ideas to increase the website experience and traffic
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding new projects, suggesting ideas and brainstorming
- Any other duties as assigned
- Post timely and relevant content as per schedule on Facebook, Twitter and any other online mediums.
- Assist in editing and producing posts
- Research daily trends, stories, hot topics on news and entertainment websites and social media.
- Assist with editing and producing graphics
- Assist in measuring analytics
- Organize and map content
- Provide administrative support to all staff.
- Experience in writing and editing blog posts; proficient in AP Style.
- Social media experience
- You should be comfortable working with web content management systems, as well as social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
- Need to be self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm
- Highly organized and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to meet deadlines
- Strong desire to learn and stay abreast of new and emerging trends; demonstrated ability to master new technologies
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- An excellent communicator, in both written and oral communications
- A perfectionist who makes sure every pixel is in the right place. Mindful of the details, yet conscious of the big picture
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines while working concurrently on multiple projects with challenging deadlines.
- A passion for digital that manifests itself through self-teaching, exploring and bringing new ideas to the table.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com stating the job position in the subject line.
If you do not meet the stated criteria, please do not apply.
Deadline for receiving applications is Monday September 16th at 10:00am.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted