Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provides loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of Higher learning.
The USAID funded IntraHealth International led FunzoKenya project aims to improve access to and quality of health workforce training by supporting an increased number of new health workers trained; supporting current health worker training needs; strengthening the capacity of training institutions; and strengthening regulatory bodies to enhance training demand.
Working in close partnership with the Ministries of Health, the leading health training institutions in Kenya, the National Health Training Working Group and the Higher Education funding institutions among others, the Project aims to build responsive, country-led training systems to improve health sector outcomes and the accessibility and quality of health workforce training in Kenya.
HELB in collaboration with FunzoKenya have developed and will jointly manage a student loan fund called AFYA ELIMUFUND (AEF). The goal of this fund is to improve access and equity to the health workforce training. The fund will offer loans to Pre- service and In-service student pursuing health related courses.
HELB and FunzoKenya are looking for a visionary and innovative individual who is able to carry out fund management functions, including resource mobilization.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance at the HELB and indirectly to the Assistant Director Finance at IntraHealth International, the Fund manager will ensure proper management, growth and sustainability of the Afya Elimu Fund (AEF).
The Fund Manager will supervise the Fund Accountant among other staff in the fund management department.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the fund raising and resource mobilization initiatives towards continued growth and sustainability of the AEF
- Ensure proper management of the Loan product and services
- Loan and financial services products development
- To ensure proper accounting records ofAEF are maintained
- Prepare and disseminate proper and timely strategic, management and operational reports on the status and performance of the AEF
- Implementing the approved fund’s investing strategy and managing its portfolio investment activities
- Ensure proper and accurate update of the investment and cash flow records
- Preparation and dissemination of AEF performance and status reports including; Balance Sheet, Income statement, Loan activity reports, Portfolio reports, Cash flow reports and Summary operational and status reports
- Ensure optimization of returns on all investment
- Ensure proper management of the project fund
- Development and implementation of efficient and effective financial services evidenced by customer satisfaction
Qualifications and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields, a Chartered Financial Analyst, Competent in finance and banking- Investment analysis and appraisal, Project analysis and appraisal.
S/ he should be competent in finance and banking, investment analysis and appraisal.
Possession of excellent communication skills, strong numerical and analytical skills and good understanding of risk and credit policies and procedures is required.
Ability to network with key stakeholder is an advantage.
The person should be of high integrity and high accuracy, disciplined and team oriented.
If your background, experience and competencies match the specification above, apply by sending your updated CV along with a covering letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees one of whom must be your supervisor in current or former employment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 16th October 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
IntraHealth International, Inc and HELB are Equal Opportunity Employer