Institute for Education in Democracy (IED) Executive Director Jobs vacancy in Kenya September 2013
The Institute for Education in Democracy (IED), which promotes democracy through the Electoral Process, Civic/Voter Education, Research and Dissemination and Consultancy programmes, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Executive Director.
The Holder of this position reports to the Board of directors and is responsible for providing leadership for the organization in the delivery of its mission.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the organization and implementation of programme activities.
- Ensuring implementation of sound management policies, procedures and systems for effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Responsible for fundraising, developing and implementing strategies to ensure financial sustainability.
- Secretary to the Board of Directors and ensures that all statutory and legal requirements are complied with.
- Developing competent and motivated human resources, through effective recruitment, training, couching and mentoring.
- Provides leadership to staff and inculcates in them IED’s values and ensures high productivity and excellence and ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate for the job must have the following qualifications and competencies
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or an equivalent.
- A degree in law and qualification as a Certified Public Secretary will be added advantage.
- At least five years experience in a senior position in a non-governmental organization dealing with research and advocacy with a focus on democracy, governance, human rights and gender equity
- Proven experience and record in designing programmes and developing project proposals, fundraising and negotiation, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes and projects.
- Demonstrable management skills and leadership qualities.
- Computer literate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Detailed description of the job specifications can be found on IED’s website: www.iedafrica.org (vacancies section).
Applications marked “EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR”, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae with 3 references, current and expected salary and day time contact, should be addressed to:
Institute for Education in Democracy,
P.O. Box 43874-00100
or on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 17th September 2013 at 5.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“IED is an equal opportunity employer”