Job career at Broadcasting Media Sector Regulatory Affairs Manager, East Africa in Kenya 2013
We are a blue chip Company, a leader in the broadcasting media sector.
Due to expansion and growth, the following position has arisen within our organization:
Regulatory Affairs Manager, East Africa
- Ensure alignment with national and global regulatory developments
- Identify and isolate the potential impact of regulatory risks to the business
- Ensure business compliance with government policy and laws
- Participate in development of Policy and regulations at an external or legislative level
- Stakeholder management
- Interact with industry bodies at country, Regional and international level
- Advise the management of the company of, and mitigate, risks to the business arising from external factors, such as government policy, legislation and / or regulation
- Apply for requisite licenses or authorisations from relevant authorities and negotiate for favourable terms
- Monitor and advice on developments in competition law.
- Law Degree.
- Minimum two years post-admission experience
- Knowledge in Africa regulatory framework
- Knowledge of broadcasting policies
- International regulatory philosophies and precedents
- Interpretation and law/Studies
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills/ building & maintaining relationships
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage change
- Strategic thinking
- Innovation skills
- Ability to analyse and respond quickly
- Analytical thinking skills
- Business awareness
- Sound judgment
- Team player
- Bachelor of laws degree from a recognized University.
Are you interested in this dynamic and challenging position?
Please send your CV to: email@example.com marked “REGULATORY AFFAIRS MANAGER, EAST AFRICA’ on the subject line.
Closing date: 11/10/2013