Job career for Finance & Administrative Coordinator (Nairobi, Kenya) 2013
Our client is a political non-profit organization striving to promote democracy, civil society, equality and a healthy environment internationally with their Headquarter in Berlin/Germany.
The Finance and Administrative Coordinator (FAC) has the overall responsibility for the financial and administrative management of the Regional Office East and Horn of Africa.
- Responsible for the control of Office Finances (Project, Program, Office Resources) according to the guidelines of the Berlin office, the Donors and local Laws and Regulations.
- Responsible for Office Administration in consultation with the Regional Director, and Administrative planning, implementation and accounting of program activities
- Coordination of Security /Management of Security
- Part of full representation of the Regional Director on financial matters and personnel management (e.g. Official travels, Holidays).
- Responsibility for the implementation of the joint tasks of gender democracy and diversity in their own area of work
- Contact person for external Financial Service Provider (including banks) and Local Authority, Auditors, Tax Consultants, Finance Authorities, in consultation with the Director
- Reporting: Financial Consultation, Annual Report of the Office, quarterly financial reports, scheduling, deadlines etc.
- Coordination of all financial matters with Budget and Finance Departments at the headquarters
- Control of external service contracts in coordination with the Office Director (tender, negotiation, execution, control of services): auditors, tax authorities, tax consultant as well as overall supervisory role in procurement of goods and services
- Contract Management: Control of all office contracts, correct preparation of PP agreements, control service contracts in coordination with the office Director [also for lawyers, auditors etc]
- Responsible for preparation of (also: target-performance comparisons) to the Office Director and on request for HBS headquarters
- Creation of Financial Program reports. Optional: Renewal of reporting deadlines
- Responsible for the office budget planning and control (budget and financial plan) and, if necessary, budget adjustments in coordination with the Office Director as well as the entire control of Fund requests
- Support Program coordinator in preparation, control and adjustment of program budget
- Control of cash management, including validation of petty cash
- Responsible for compliance with the statutory provisions and the rules of the client within their respective area of duty. Adjustment of Formas and Contracts to the respective region.
- Responsible for the Payroll of Office Staff (incl. taxes, insurance, etc.)
- Transfer of duties in HR in consultation with the Director: Leave entitlement, Time management and travel.
- Professional guidance, development and training of financial staff of the project partners
Minimum 5 years of financial and/or administrative management experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior position in the non-profit sector
Skills and Certification:
- Accountancy or finance related degree. An MBA will be an added advantage
- CPA (K) / ACCA
- Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures and standards, including handling of annual statutory audits
- Experience managing staff to improve their professional development as well as the ability to build and motivate a team, work with a diverse multi-cultural team with high sensitivity to issues of gender and diversity
- Excellent knowledge in organizational development processes
- Good knowledge of program cycle management
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (taxation, immigration, labour laws, etc.)
- Good knowledge of public funding rules and regulations
- High computer literacy with ability to drive computerization in all operational areas
- Excellent knowledge in accounting and enterprise resource planning software, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English, German would be an advantage
- Pro-active individual with excellent communication and resource management skills
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Finance & Administrative Coordinator