Job career at Kenya Red Cross Society WASH Coordinator in Dadaab Kenya 2013
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Job Location: Daadab
Reporting to the Head of Operation – Daadab, the WASH Coordinator will provide strategic leadership and oversight to WASH operations and strategies in Daadab.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assessment, Planning and Development
- Conduct frequent assessment of current situation in Daadab in collaboration with local refugee leadership; determine priorities and immediate activities and resources i.e. more detailed assessment versus need to address immediate WASH related problems.
- Represent KRCS to stakeholders and Governmental and non-Governmental agencies for the purposes of WASH Coordination in Daadab and coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed response programme and strategy for the refugee camps.
- Ensure that issues of protection, gender, livelihoods and environmental impact, operation and maintenance and sustainability are factored into the programme design and implemented.
- Develop, concept papers, budgets, ToRs and proposals in respect to WASH sector taking into consideration relevant standards, code of conducts, and humanitarian principles
- Represent KRCS as the WASH focal point in all relevant governmental and non-governmental groups in consultation with the Head of Operation with respect to Daadab Camp operations
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with UNHCR, other NGO’s, UN agencies, host government departments in regards to WASH issues in Daadab.
- Build capacity of KRCS WASH staff and stakeholders on WASH issues related to the Daadab Operations
- Tracking and monitoring budget to ensure no under and over expenditure within the project budgets for WASH
- Ensure monthly expenditure Projections and cash requests are prepared on time for all WASH related activities in Daadab
- Bachelor’s degree in any disciple relating to Civil Engineering, Water and Environment, Sanitation
- Four (4) years of experience in WASH programming in developing countries with at least two (2) years of experience in appropriate WASH interventions, specifically related to WASH service delivery in camp setup.
- Certificate in Project Cycle Management or Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,