Job career for Mid-Level Accountant in Nairobi, Kenya 2013
Our client is a group of companies created to provide venture capital, technical assistance and management support to encourage and expand private enterprise in countries of sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- To assist the firm in implementation of the consolidation software
- Preparation and loading of consolidated historical data for the previous two years (2011 & 2012)
- Succession planning for future consolidation processes and
- Review of the audited financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- To assist in preparation of the required data, the financial statements and facilitate the delivery of any reports needed to the project team in preparation of commencement of the project
- Involvement in data cleansing process
- To validate the submitted data generated from different sources in preparation for the project
- Respond to requests for additional details from the project implementation team
- Review and advise the management on the approval of invoices related to the project
- Review and advise on the timeline taken for the project against budgeted timelines
- Assist in investigation of project variances and submit variance reports to the FM/GMF
- Report to management regarding cost over-runs in relation to the project
- Participate in test runs on data loaded in the new system and correction of the same in order to achieve desired results
- Close out project upon project completion
- Involvement in future quarterly consolidations for the group
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field with detailed knowledge of financial reporting.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- CPA/ACCA qualification at least Part II
- SAP Implementation/user experience mandatory
- Financial reporting skills: Budgeting , cost management and Financial statements preparation
- Knowledge of accounting and financial systems
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Technological skills with ERP and Microsoft Office
- Analytical skills
- Project management
- At least two years of experience in a senior accounting role including preparation of financial statements.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a busy accounting environment.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Mid-Level Accountant