Job Employment at Sony Sugar in Sare Awendo Kenya 2013
This position calls for high-level maturity and ability to effectively interact and operate at management and Board level, to realise SonySugar’ s vision “To be a world class manufacturer of sugar and associated products’’.
- Ensuring the business operating results meet shareholder targets and expectations;
- Leading implementation and review of Corporate Policies and Strategies in line with Corporate Vision, Mission and Values;
- Developing and advising the Board of Directors on long term strategic and business plans besides annual operating and capital budgets and establishing effective internal monitoring and control systems and procedures to assure realization of business goals;
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the quality of services and products provided by the company;
- Ensuring prudent management of business risks and accountability for corporate resources;
- Inculcating a high performing organizational culture and ensure SonySugar operates on sound management and good corporate governance principles and practices;
- Oversee development and retention of adequate and motivated human resource in line with best practices for the business and overall corporate growth;
- Ensuring effective communication between management and the Board as well as between different levels of management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Agricultural related field, Business Administration or Economics from a recognized University;
- A Masters degree in any of the following fields: Engineering, Agricultural related field, Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- Possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience ten (10) of which must be at a senior management level in a reputable organisation;
- Self-driven, and of impeccable integrity and honesty in line with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence;
- Demonstrated administrative capability required for formulation of national policies and good interpersonal relations;
- Demonstrated professional and management competency as reflected in work performance and results;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Internal business exposure/experience and working in ISO certified environment;
- Proficient in ICT with ability to use it in improving business operations;
- International business exposure/experience and working in ISO certified environment.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Membership of a professional body in the area of specialization.
- Knowledge and experience of Kenyan Labour Laws;
- Knowledge of Performance Based Management;
- Have strong and proven leadership skills to lead a dynamic team;
- Be a team player, effective supervisory, negotiation, analytical, employee relations, excellent planning and organisation, mentoring, coaching and strong interpersonal and management skills.
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O Box 107-40405