Job Recruitment at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa Credit Manager in Kenya 2013
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a regional Non Governmental Organization and a member of the global Hand in Hand International family with its independent operations in Eastern Africa whose vision is to alleviate poverty through job creation.
The mission of HiH EA is focused on social empowerment and reducing poverty by creating enterprises and jobs.
HiH EA intends to fill the position of Credit Manager and invites applications from suitably qualified individuals.
The Credit Manager reports to the Program Operations Manager and is responsible for overseeing the credit management function of the organization and leading of the credit control team.
- Manage and oversee the credit management function
- Lead and motivate the credit team in order to achieve collections targets
- Report on outstanding accounts to the Program Operation Manager on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the effective collection and receipting of organization debt and payment reconciliations
- Play a leading role in the full implementation of the MIS for tracking and monitoring the micro credit
- Report regularly on the Key Performance Indicators for the credit management area
- Manage relationships with the HiH EA members in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt.
- Implement and maintain a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures.
- Designing the micro credit product publicity material and develop new credit products
- Introduce and evolve effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas and defaulters
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts including member collections
- Arrange financial plans to assist and ensure members with repayment difficulties pay their obligations in time
- Conduct thorough credit check on all the loan requests that come in to the organization.
- Make proposals to management on opportunities to invest and innovate towards costs reduction, process re-engineering and improve the quality and consistency of credit decisions.
- Degree in Commerce, Business Management or related field
- 3 years of micro credit management experience in a busy business environment
- Knowledge and experience in Micro Credit management for the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge with Accounting and Microsoft Excel packages
- Integrity and willingness to commit to HiH EA’s mission and values
- Energy and drive to work within deadlines with own initiatives
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application letters together with updated curriculum vitae via e-mail quoting the position reference CRE MGR 01-2013 to reach by 6th September 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org