Job recruitment at HIVOS in Nairobi Kenya September 2013
The GE program’s objective is to increase the capacities of rural men and women and small and medium enterprises to improve their businesses in a sustainable way.
You will be responsible for the overall management of a new five year program which aims to enhance the viability of 90.000 smallholder coffee farms in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, thereby allowing the coffee sector in the region to regain its vitality and offer long-term business opportunities for 2.4 million smallholder coffee farmers .
What we expect:
- You have an advanced degree in a relevant field at University level.
- Ample experience in the promotion of rural entrepreneurship and collaboration with private sector actors, preferably in the coffee sector in East Africa.
- You have a minimum of 7 years experience in program and financial management.
- Experience in working with international donors in substantial programs.
- You have demonstrated leadership qualities and an ability to inspire teams to deliver quality results and promote partnership collaboration.
- You also have a convincing track-record in program development and resource mobilization.
- We expect you to have a strong vision on green entrepreneurship in rural areas and a good sense for new developments and innovations.
- You have a strong affinity for Hivos’ mission and for social and environmental concerns.
- We expect you to have excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili, both verbal and written.
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), send a letter explaining your motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org With reference code PM/GE.