Job Recruitment at ILRI in Nairobi Kenya 2013 (Temporary, 6 Months, Maternity Cover)
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
HR Officer – Recruitment
(Temp – Maternity Cover)
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries.
ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in East, West and southern Africa and South, Southeast and East Asia.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ILRI seeks to recruit a HR Officer-Recruitment with a bias in Recruitment to assist in the process of quality and effective talent acquisition and implementing strategies to identify, attract, and hire high quality employees.
- Support Internationally Recruited staff (IRS) full-life cycle recruiting processes and delivery of all areas of recruitment process; including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment, and extending candidate offers.
- Reviewing, editing and posting IRS jobs on ILRI and CGIAR websites and other sites.
- Constant communication with recruiting managers on recruitment efforts and progress.
- Ensure recruiting processes, interviews and documentation are in compliance with ILRI’s policies and standard templates.
- Review of applications throughout the time that the job is open and proactively inform recruiting managers in the case of few applicants.
- Communicate with applicants.
- Maintain e-recruitment site for IRS and ensure standardization of adverts.
- Maintain time to fill statistics for ILRO board
- Reduce time-to-fill as well as increasing quality of hire by constantly monitoring and responding quickly.
- Prepare recruitment metrics to assess time-to-fill and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare of interview reports.
- Prepare of recruitment weekly and monthly and quarterly reports.
- Contribute in preparation and review of job descriptions and adverts for all new positions.
- Assist managers in preparation of appropriate interview criteria questions to be used by self and others involved in the recruitment process, with emphasis on behavioural competences.
- Assist in relocation process and on boarding of new staff by facilitating travel and accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business related field.
- Higher diploma in HRM would be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general human resources function.
- Prior experience working in a recruitment function is preferred
- Proficient in Ms office, including word-processing, spreadsheets, database management, MS- PowerPoint, Publisher, Word press, etc.
- High sense of confidentiality.
- An exceptional sense of professionalism, urgency, drive, intuition, and follow up.
- Flexibility in demanding situations.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work within a team or independently.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner, with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Job Level: 2C/2D dependent on experience.
Duration: 6 Months
Email your application to IHRM@cgiar.org by 2 September 2013.
The position title and reference number: HRO/HR/08/13 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at www.ilri.org