Job Recruitment at Research Agency for Accounts Associate (Payable) in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Position: Accounts Associate (Payable)
Our client, a full service research agency servicing many multinationals in West and Central African regions seeks to recruit an Accounts Associate (Payables).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out the end to end process of Accounts Payable.
He/she must have excellent communication and presentation skills as this are very vital particulars for this position.
- Managing the accurate and on time efficient approval of all Purchase Orders and coordination of the receipt of goods and services whilst ensuring that the surrounding internal control procedures of strictly adhered to
- Providing support to the market that facilitates the accurate, efficient and timely set up and approval of purchase orders
- Analyzing daily blocked and parked reports and ensure all outstanding items are kept to minimum
- Linking process seamlessly with other processes and initiatives that are managing the choice and use of vendors, and the continuous improvement of the Purchase to Pay process.
- Monitoring purchase order housekeeping in corporation with the Requestor
- Running monthly reports to ensure unused open PO’s are closed and goods receipts are completed in a timely manner
- Providing input to Monthly Service Review call and ensure main KPIs meet the target
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are filed accurately and timely
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting or Finance option
- Must be a CPA (K)
- A minimum of 3 years working experience, one as an Accounts Payable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with accounting systems e.g. Tally, Sage, Pastel and Quickbooks, SAP e.t.c
- Must be aware of local tax legislation and policies impacting the market
- Must understand the role of internal controls and expected outcomes of having proper internal controls e.g. reliability & integrity of business information, safeguarding of assets and intellectual capital
- Ability to use system outputs to meet basic job requirements and apply basic tests for reasonability and accuracy
- Ability to articulate system issues clearly to ensure solutions can be identified and implemented
- Accurate, efficient and organized within daily responsibility
To apply, send your CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 30th August 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.