Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 24 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on. Tullow Kenya BV is seeking to appoint the following position:
Job Title: Treasury Assistant (6 months contract)
Job Purpose: To manage office petty cash, assist in preparing petty cash and bank reconciliation statements and support the treasury accountant to make supplier payments in a timely manner.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Posting payments and other bank entries to the ledgers.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements
- Processing payment documentation and attaching supporting documentation to enable timely online payment processing.
- Preparation of weekly cash balance report.
- Handling all office petty cash.
- Posting and reconciling petty cash to the petty cash ledger.
- Assist in audit file preparation
Experience and Education:
- Degree and CPA/ACCA part qualification.
- At least 1 year working experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in the upstream oil and gas industry would be an added advantage.
- High attention to detail and quality, ‘first right time’ approach
- Confidentiality and high integrity.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, valid email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees:
All applications and enquiries should be addressed to:
Tausi Court, 3rd Floor, along Tausi Road,
Off Muthithi Road, Westlands, Nairobi
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2013