Job Recruitment for GL & Treasury Accountant in Nairobi Kenya 2013 (KShs 100K – 120K)
Our client is one of Kenya’s blue chip firms that manufacture and distribute aluminium and copper cable products in East Africa, where we are recruiting an accountant.
- Maintain general ledger – GL, files, review supporting schedules for all GL accounts and ensure that all items of the GL are adequately supported by explanatory schedules. Also prepare expense schedules on accruals and prepayments.
- Processing applications for bid bonds, guarantees and performance bonds and ensuring that these are received on a timely basis.
- Prepare a breakdown of staff balances that haven’t been accounted for and submit to the Payroll Accountant for recovery. Carry out surprise cash counts at least once a month.
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports, book of accounts and statements.
- Assign GL codes to all requisitions, maintain fixed assets register and ensure all new assets are tagged immediately upon purchase.
- Prepare daily cash position, prepare weekly and monthly cash flow projections showing clearly all maturing obligations and overseeing preparation of the monthly payroll and relevant statutory returns.
- Monitoring and managing the bank facility including updating of loan balances, LC issued, bank guarantees for Kenya and Tanzania operations.
- Oversee the international purchasing function, including ensuring accurate computation of cost of imported raw materials, spares and fixed assets.
- Initiate letters of credit, TT payments and negotiate competitive forex rates and payment commissions with banks.
- Ascertain proper computation of all taxes and ensure that these are paid on due date.
- Maintain record of all intercompany balances, ensure that all recharges are properly captured in both company books, oversee maintenance of Uganda branch accounts, Uganda distributors and Rwanda distributors accounts including filing of their VAT returns.
- Maintain an up to date annual leave and training calendar for the entire finance function.
- Accounting qualification for instance CPA (K), ACCA
- Bachelors degree in finance or a business relevant field
- At least 2 years audit experience in a reputable audit firm and at least 3 years industrial experience as Accountant – Treasury.
- Experience in international trade including TT payments, LCs and Guarantees, and good working knowledge of tax legislation
- Working knowledge of ERP – GP Microsoft dynamics and HRMIS systems
- Computer literacy including office applications, such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Honest, possessing a high sense of integrity and takes initiative.
Please send your cover letter telling us “why you think you are the person for the job” and your resume and references in a 3 page Word format and daytime phone contact to Christine at email@example.com.