Job vacancy at Cellulant Technology Solution Manager in Kenya September 2013
Cellulant is a mobile commerce company. It operates Africa’s number one mobile commerce network and aims to connect 100 million customers to its mobile commerce ecosystem.
Cellulant was founded in 2003 and has currently operations in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana and every year moving into new countries.
We are the mobile commerce partner of choice and our goal is to connect all of our corporate customers, including e.g. the top Pan African banks, various merchants, to the richest mobile commerce ecosystem in Africa, helping them provide better communication, and more services, and more value to their end consumers.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We invite you to be part of that growth.
We seek to recruit pro-active and self – driven individuals to fill the position below;
Technology Solution Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee and manage technology for a cluster of customers, which covers the following three areas:
- Pitching for new products/projects at channel/product manager level
- Delivery of new products/projects
- High quality of service management (SLA and management of production services)
Key result areas
- Understand Cellulant and customers technology environment to be able to provide Cellulant mobile services in a relatively short time
- Improve services from a user experience and stability point of view
- Technical troubleshooting in case of incidents
Customer relationship management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with e.g. relevant IT managers; service delivery managers
- Together with customer engagement managers pitch new services (from a technical point of view)
- Manage delivery process to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products, e.g. deployment of mobile banking; new services such as m-payments, mobile lending
- Manage required internal relationships to ensure prioritization and sufficient resources
- Provide stable service to customers in cluster by e.g.:
- Working closely with 24/7 support team for monitoring and incident management
- Daily, weekly and monthly service analysis
- Continuously analysis service and come up with improvement plans
- Engage with customers on matters around technology operations through proactive forums (such as regular service / project / change management discussions) and ensuring that Cellulant’s perspectives are well represented and professional standards are maintained.
- Ensure engineers follow technology processes, e.g. change management process
- Build and manage capacity to sell, roll out and support services (pitching; delivery and service management) for customer cluster.
- Knowledge management: provide guidance to other engineers in the team
- Improve productivity and efficiency to ensure costs are in line with budget plans
The candidate must:
- Minimal 6 years in technology: at least 4 as an engineer, and at least 1 year people management experience
- Has broad technical expertise in a variety of technology environments: must demonstrate ability to become thoroughly familiar with technologies (services and products) in a relatively short time.
- Has strong relationship building and sales skills (from technical perspective)
- Possesses a good level of interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Have sound organizational and resource management skills. Ability to prioritize work activities.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of the following frameworks/technologies:
- New as well as legacy system integration standards such as web-services, ISO-8583 etc.
- ITIL / COBIT / Prince2
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to take a creative approach to situations and problem solving.
- A skilled team player.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title applied for by 24th September 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.