Job vacancy at Copia Global in Nairobi, Kenya September 2013
Copia Global (“the Company”) is a for-profit, consumer goods catalog order and delivery service for the peri-urban and rural populations of the developing world.
With $5T of annual income, the peri-urban and rural populations of the developing world represent a huge untapped market opportunity. These populations remain underserved with no affordable access to basic necessities.
Please see www.copiaglobal.com to learn more.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares and controls payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with evidence of good performance
- CPA (K)
- Experience working with different accounting software
- Highly analytical, quick learner and adaptive
- Driven by intellectual challenge and fast pace