Job vacancy at International Travel Operator Managing Director in Juba South Sudan 2013
Our client is a leading International Travel Operator.
They are looking for a Managing Director – South Sudan, Juba.
Salary: USD 2000 + Benefits
The purpose of the Managing Director– South Sudan, Juba is to manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for the company in this region, in accordance with the set out parameters and in tandem with the overall Group Strategic direction.
- Be responsible for managing all operations within South Sudan. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets
- Meet financial targets for the business by delivering monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash, and generating annual budgets and annual business operating plan for the country
- Evaluate financial statements for accuracy or shortfall to budget, and take action to resolve discrepancies
- Produce business performance reports
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, mentoring and training
- Manage key customer relationships and actively develop new business opportunities in the South Sudan market
- Take a leadership role in customer meetings/negotiations to explore opportunities to expand client servicing relationship through global expansion; coordinate sales effort, pricing and implementation with FCM Travel counterparts
- Champion policies, service standards and procedures (functional management processes, functional business planning, escalation and authorization procedures, standardized service and quality definitions, etc)
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, mentoring and training staff
- Take a leadership role in travel association meetings and other industry functions to assure members are aware of the Travel Operations’ organization procedures and its services, as well as negotiating new and renewal contracts with clients, airline vendors and GDS systems
- A degree in Business or equivalent, MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 12 years working experience, with minimum 7 years management experience, 3 of which should be in Business Development
- Relevant professional memberships
- Experience with multicultural working environment
- Good analytical skills and appreciation of financial reports
- Experience in staff management and ability to work through people
- Innovative mind
- The International Travel Organization is an equal opportunity employer
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the title (Managing Director – Juba (USD 2000 + Benefits) on the subject line before the 28th of August 2013.
We do not charge for interviews.
Please note your current salary on your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.