Job vacancy at World Vision Communications Manager in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Use your background in Journalism, Communications or Marketing and deep understanding of and long-term experience in African culture to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
The Communications Manager will develop and implement a communications strategy designed to meet the marketing and communications needs the assigned country office in the region and the World Vision Partnership as a whole, enabling World Vision East Africa Regional Office (WV EARO) to proactively engage all stakeholders (both internal and external) to increase their awareness and understanding of the needs of affected children, families and communities and WV EARO’s response
- Design/revise sectoral strategy on national office communications, identify priorities and business plan, and coordinate implementation thereof and monitor progress.
- Contribute to the development of national office’s strategy providing expertise relating to communications.
- Advice and support the Country Program Director in his / her leadership and engagement on matters related to communications during humanitarian emergencies.
- Lead the production and timely submission of high quality communications resources
- Build key National Office (NO) employees capacity in the areas of expertise.
- Contribute to continuous learning and facilitate documentation of best practices in communication during humanitarian emergency crisis and contribute to the community of practice and centre of excellence.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders to enhance World Vision’s credibility and influence in promotion of children’s rights.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Deep understanding of and long-term experience in African culture
- High level of awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues
- At least 5 years of professional experience in International communications, media or public relations.
- Experience in media crisis