Law Society of Kenya
Membership to the One Position in The Judicial Service Commission
(Article 171 and section 20(1),(2) & (3) of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of Kenya)
1. The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) is a statutory body responsible for the professional regulation of advocates in Kenya.
2. In accordance with Section 20(3) of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of Kenya 2010, when the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is first constituted, one of the Advocates appointed to the JSC in the year 2010 identified by the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) is to serve for three (3) years only.
The LSK has identified Ahmednasir Abdullahi whose tenure expires on 31st December 2013.
3. The LSK is seeking Male Advocates who are citizens of Kenya with at least 15 years experience to fill one (1) position in the Judicial Service Commission (JSC).
4. The Advocate must be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality with the following attributes:
4.1 No record of criminal conviction by a court law,
4.2 Not declared bankrupt by a court of law,
4.3 Has not been convicted by the Advocates Disciplinary Committee.
5. Advocates interested in the positions should express their interest by submitting the following:
5.1 a letter of expression,
5.2 a detailed curriculum vitae with three referees,
5.3 copies of testimonials(Primary, Secondary, High School, University, Law School)
5.4 a copy of a current practicing certificate and two passport photographs
5.5 a Statutory Declaration attesting to the facts set out in Clause 4 above and demonstrable track record of active participation in the Law Society of Kenya activities.
Short listed candidates will be made public for the purposes of vetting and thereafter to an election process in case there are more than one candidate.
The letter of interest together with supporting documents as indicated above should be sent quoting JSC/2013 so as to reach on or before 5.00 pm, Friday 15th November 2013 to:
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P. O. Box 72219-00200