Job vacancy at GC MS Application Specialist in Kenya 2013 (KShs 110K)
Reporting To: Laboratory Manager
Responsible for implementing residue testing through good laboratory practice and according to OECD guidelines, copies of which must be maintained at all times
Responsible for development of new methods and capabilities for validation and final adoption.
Responsible method validation for implementing residue testing through good laboratory practice and according to OECD guidelines, copies of which must be maintained at all times
Ensure that tests that require GC-MS analysis on various products are carefully planned and executed in a professional manner
Ensure good instrumental techniques for other instruments e.g. GC MS, LC MS/MS, LC MS, ICP, UV-Visible, AAS, Vicam Fluorometer, Bomb calorimeter etc, are employed at all times
Ensure that raw data of analysis carried out clearly supports results obtained prior to subsequent approval.
Maintain a QC charts on testing activities to support continual validity of tests results obtained and report any deviations to the management for immediate action.
Ensure that all tests, reporting and filling of test information are carried out in compliance with the laboratory’s QA/QC system and more especially ISO 17025
Ensure that the results and the test data produced is accurate, reliable and within acceptable repeatability/reproducibly. Maintain repeatability/reproducibly values for major tests carried out.
Ensure that calibration status of all equipment used is verified at all times before any testing is carried out and any equipment out of calibration reported immediately.
Ensure that clients testing requirement are fully met and set turnaround time is complied with at all times
Ensure that all laboratory activities under their control are carried in safe manner and any unsafe situation reported promptly to management for necessary action. This applies to general hygiene, sample testing, sample retention and sample disposal/destruction.
Keep abreast with the latest development of analytical standards related residue analysis in order to continuously develop new methods and capabilities for validation and final adoption.
- Participates in supporting position to the laboratory manager, including planning and technical management/supervision of laboratory.
- Notify the laboratory management of any establishment or any other problems related to QA, efficiency and operations in the laboratory.
- Notify the laboratory management of all relevant information for communication to clients and other interested parties.
- Notify the laboratory management of any clients’ complaints.
- Analysis turnaround time as per the analysis process control
- Accuracy, reproducibility and reliability of tests results/reports.
- Good performance in Proficiency Testing Schemes
- Cost effective utilization of laboratory consumables & reagents and reduction in operating expenses
- At least BSc/MSc Degree Chemistry or equivalent qualification from recognized institution
- 2 years laboratory testing experience preferably in a multi-purpose laboratory.
- Good knowledge of ISO 17025, ISO 9001, GLP and HSE standards.
- Working knowledge of laboratory instruments such as the GLC, ICP, AAS, GCMS, LCMS/MS, UV/Visible, XRF, IR and Fluorometer.
- Have sound knowledge of laboratory work particularly instrumental methods used in trace analysis.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Salary is pegged at sh 110,000