Job vacancy at Imagine IMC Limited for Regional Business Development Manager in Kenya September 2013
Imagine IMC Limited is a regional agency that exists to create inspiring relationships between brands and customers, whether through traditional advertising media like TV, radio, and print, PR or other channels like events which give people the chance to experience brands directly.
Currently, Imagine IMC has running and successful operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
We are looking for a high caliber individual to fill the position of a Regional Business Development Manager.
Positions to Supervise: Account Management / Business Development Department
The Business Development Manager will work in a senior position within Imagine IMC regionally.
They will work with the account management team and other managers to increase business opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the Agency.
To achieve this, the suitable candidate will need to prospect for new clients for Imagine IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) i.e. advertising, media, PR and new Media, Events and Design services.
They will then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince these organizations to do business with the agency.
They will be expected to develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for new business and revenue growth.
They will also be required to oversee the team that:
- Will grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new products and support services to clients
- Will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on products and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
- Understand the agency’s business model – vision, mission, objectives and targets to ensure enhancement of the company’s business performance
- Business development and Intelligence information – In charge of growing revenue for agency.
- Collecting Intelligence information on clients and potential clients as well as the agency’s competitors.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Build relationships with new clients
- Prepare the team that will present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Forecast revenue targets and ensure they are met by the business development / account management team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Work with department heads in becoming more efficient with sourcing for new business and contacts
- Attend industry functions, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Work with account management / business development teams and other internal colleagues to meet client needs
- Follow up on contact reports and business contacts and converting them to actual work and business
- Conduct regular (bi-monthly) formal business development trainings with measurable indicators of effectiveness of training for relevant team members
Essential Knowledge and Skills, Experience and Academic Qualification
The suitable candidate must display:
- A passion and knowledge of integrated marketing communications, self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual
- Strong leadership skills.
- Should be able to manage and motivate a wide range of people so that the account management / business development team hits its targets
- Ability to quickly prioritize jobs under pressure
- Ability to anticipate the changing needs of customers and clients
- They should be confident, outgoing and friendly and exceptional at building rapport and maintaining relationships
- Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills are vital for this position
- Ability to process a wide range of information and communicate it clearly to the client or employee they are dealing with.
- Related agency experience or knowledge of the workings of an agency (above 5 years) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in business development.
- Proven track record of success in the acquisition of new business
- They should maintain a keen interest in new technology, new media and market trends and any other factors that may influence business development.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in business related area. e.g. Marketing
- A post graduate qualification / Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Large personal database / contacts of corporate clients for potential acquisition and access to relevant intelligence information
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective management of people in your department
- Achievement of set objectives and a targets
- Revenue growth
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the subject line, quote the position you are applying for.
Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Deadline for application is 18/09/2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.