Job vacancy at NACADA for Legal Services Manager in Nairobi Kenya September 2013
Position Title: Manager, Legal Services
- Prepare, vet and negotiate contracts, leases, formal agreements and other legal instruments to ensure compliance with the laid down requirements for execution;
- Maintain safe custody of the Authority’s instruments and documents such as organization seal, charged documents and suits;
- Provide legal advice to the Authority’s on all legal matters related to its activities and mandate;
- Coordinate the preparation of agendas for Board meetings, implementation of action points and take minutes of the Board of Directors meetings;
- Advise the Authority on all legal matters including employee relations;
- Ensure full compliance with Law, legislative issues, policies and procedures as stipulated by the statutes;
- Conduct legal research, investigation, preparation of witnesses for pre-trial and hearing;
- Develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defense strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings of cases in liaison with external lawyers.
- Represent the Authority in any litigation or legal suits filed by NACADA or against the Authority and handle court assignments involving civil and criminal matters.
- Master’s degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Be in possession of the Current Law Practicing Certificate;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a busy and large public or corporate organisation with at least three (3) at management level;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a participatory management style;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 on Integrity;
- Excellent capability for critical judgment, management and problem solving skills;
- Excellent writing and computer skills.
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
National Authority For the Camapign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,