Job vacancy at Oxford University Press Management Accountant Job in Kenya September 2013
Exciting Career Opportunities
Oxford University Press (OUP), the largest University Press in the world, is a department of the University of Oxford.
It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
OUP East Africa Ltd (OUPEA) furthers the university’s mission in research, scholarship and education by publishing quality educational materials for Kenya.
OUPEA is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results-oriented, experienced and highly skilled professional for the position of Management Accountant.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Management Accounts with variance analysis and commentaries.
- Produce the budget and quarterly forecasts for approval by Senior Management through the Finance & Operations Director
- Monitoring budget and ensure that expenditure is within budget and report on variance
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and propose improvements where needed
- Implement compliance related procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Assist with audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns.
- Provide support to the Compliance Officer on all compliance related project plan activities:
- Maintain records and tracking progress as directed
- Support the business on project work as required
- Fully qualified Accountant – CMA, or CPA, or ACCA or similar qualification
- Bachelor degree: Bcom, Bsc or similar academic qualification from recognized university
- At least three years’ experience financial transactions processing in SAP
- Experience in managing own time and ability to juggle priorities
Skills & Competencies
- SAP planning,
- Budgeting & forecasting,
- Audit preparation,
- Management accounting,
- Asset management,
- Report writing and presentation skills,
- MS Excel, word,
- Financial accounting
- SAP experience desired
- Must demonstrate a spirit of competitiveness,
- Display highly ethical behavior,
- Support teamwork,
- Excellent analytical ability, innovate and learn
- Ability to lead, motivate and build effective teams
- Ability to facilitate change and promote health organizational culture
If you have the above qualities and you are a results-oriented team leader with the stated qualifications then you can forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of three referee names with their contact email & Telephone numbers.
Please state your current/past and expected salary and copies of certificates/testimonials to
HR and Administration Manager,
Oxford University Press EA Ltd,
The Oxford Place,
Elgon Road Upper Hill
PO Box 72532-00200
PO Box 72532-00200
Applications should be received on or before 20th September, 2013