Job vacancy at WRMA Chief Human Resources Officer in Kenya September 2013
The Authority is a non-profit, service oriented corporate body under the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. It is charged with the responsibility of providing leadership in the management of water resources. It is also subject to the State Corporations Act.
The Chief Human Resources Officer will report to The Chief Executive Officer.
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer, for all Human Resource management matters.
- establishment and management of an efficient and effective, professional and sustainable Human Resource (HR) system;
- overseeing and managing performance management and incentive systems;
- formulating and overseeing implementation of Human resource strategies, policies and programmes/work plans;
- establishing and monitoring staff training and development programmes;
- ensuring implementation of computerized Human Resources Management infrastructure;
- managing all industrial relations issues; and
- overseeing provision of both technical and support services in WRMA.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Social Sciences such as Government, Sociology, Economics, Public or Business Administration, Human Resource or Personnel Management or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management from an accredited Institution;
- Served for at least four (4) years in the grade of Senior Human Resource Officer or in a relevant and equivalent position;
- Clearance with Chapter 6 of Kenya Constitution Institutions including EACC, CID, Helb, KRA and Director of Public Prosecutions
- Attended a Management/Leadership course lasting not less than one (1) month from a recognized Institution;
- Computer proficiency skills;
- Member of Good Standing of Institute of HRM for at least 4 Years and
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results;
Interested candidates should submit their applications in a prescribed application form (Click here to download).
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Resource management Authority
P O Box 45250-00100
Submission of these applications close on Monday October 14, 2013 by Midday
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates and those with any form of disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) is ISO 9001:2008 Certified