Jobs career at Kuehne + Nagel Ltd National QSHE Manager and National Aifreight Superuser in Kenya 2013
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd is one of the world’s leading logistics group with about 63,000 employees stationed at over 1000 locations in over 100 countries worldwide and are skilled in all forms of global transport by sea, air, overland and in providing high quality integrated logistics services.
Kuehne + Nagel is headquartered in Schindellegi, Switzerland.
Kuehne + Nagel seeks to recruit highly competent and self-driven individuals to fill below positions:
National QSHE Manager
- Comply and implement Corporate QSHE Policy statement and QSHE manual at National level.
- Co-ordinate implementation of the QSHE (Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Security) at National level.
- Monitor customer complains & feedback with proper systematic recording.
- Training and making awareness about QSHE as per QSHE training plans.
- Responsible for internal and external audits and reviewing audit reports to ensure corrective action is taken.
- Guides and co-ordinates the development and review of Standard Operating procedures and work instructions.
- Coordinate Corporate Quality Management Review meetings and follow-ups on issues arising from these review deliberations.
- Ensure continual improvement and maintenance of the QMS certifications.
- Provide support for critical analysis and improvement of QSHE Management system.
- Implement & coordinate the QSHE aspect of Pharma.
- Degree in Business Management/Logistics/Sciences/Pharmaceuticals
- Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent.
- Certificate in ISO 9001 is mandatory. Certificate in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 would be an added advantage.
- Qualification/experience of Pharmaceutical Good Distribution Practices/Good Storage Practices is an added advantage.
- Experience in Quality Management Systems in the Logistics Industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding in IT.
- Team player, analytical, strong sense of self-discipline and persistence.
- Ability to design, implement and monitor quality.
- Possess initiative, and look pro-actively for practical solutions.
- Be able to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively at National level.
- Ability to keep abreast with constant changes in the industry practices.
- Be prepared to travel and sometimes work irregular hours.
National Aifreight Superuser
- Ensuring the availability of the functionalities which enable the optimal use of the operational system within the operational process. This includes maintaining local set ups (eg Documents, Exchange rates, VAT rules) and local masterdata.
- In co-ordination with the Regional Airfreight Superuser and the IT Application Services, implementation, approval and testing of software releases within the country, according to the standards and timescales determined at regional level.
- Working with the Regional Airfreight Superuser and Regional Airlog Manager to ensure that the setup and configuration of operational software in the country conforms to corporate and regional standards.
- Working with the Regional Airfreight Superuser and Regional Airlog Manager to ensure that the operational software is set up and configured for optimal use in the country.
- Working with the Regional Airfreight Trainer to ensure that each operator receives the level of regional standard training appropriate to his or her job.
- Representing the country, in conjunction with the Regional Airfreight Systems team, in the continuous development of the corporate airfreight operational software.
- Acting as information conduit between the country and the Regional Airfreight Systems team, for all other matters concerning system functionality.
- Actively maintaining, in co-operation with the Regional Airlog Manager, an up-to-date awareness of operational processes and translating these into functional requirements related to the software.
- Communicating and aligning functional requirements originating in the country with the Regional Airfreight Systems team.
- Introducing and promoting new functionality of the operational system to the national team.
- Working together with the Regional Airfreight Trainer to ensure that training content keeps pace with system upgrades.
- Direct support to Users, whenever required.
- Consulting and aligning with national Customer Solutions teams on related subject matter such as Customer Implementations etc.
- Degree in IT.
- Background in airfreight procedures, with experience within the Logistics Industry.
- Believe that process improvement has a direct impact upon productivity and quality.
- Have an advanced knowledge of the airfreight forwarding applications.
- Good command of IT.
- Be able to manage projects and to co-ordinate remotely the activities of other people.
- Team player, patient, pragmatic, analytical and systematic,
- Have a strong sense of self-discipline and persistence,
- Possess initiative, and look pro-actively for practical solutions,
- Be prepared to travel and sometimes work irregular hours,
- Be able to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively at national level,
Qualified candidates should send their applications including a cover letter complete with a detailed updated CV with three referees.
Applications should be addressed to email@example.com subject clearly marked with the respective position to reach us on or before 22nd October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.