Jobs employment at IRDO Drivers / Driver Mechanics in Turkana County Kenya 2013
Terms of Engagement: 1 Year contract. Monthly Gross Salary of KES 25,000/- (for Drivers) and KES 35,000/- (for Driver Mechanics) plus 30% hardship allowance; and medical cover for self and 2-3 family members
personnel for field activities as well as run administrative errands when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain the vehicles by keeping them clean at all times and taking them for regular service.
- Ensure that when not in use for project activities, the vehicles are always parked at the Impact-RDO premises or other officially designated place.
- Ensure that fuel is obtained from and maintenance is done by appointed dealers only.
- Obtain project supplies and perform other messengerial duties as assigned.
- At least a Form Four candidate with a minimum of D+.
- Must have a clean valid driving license.
- At least 2 years experience in a busy organization preferably an NGO.
- Must be pleasant, disciplined and have good communication skills, and can work long hours
- Must be a native Turkana and able to speak Turkana language fluently; and must be well conversant with Turkana County terrain
- Those with proven (valid certifications a must) mechanical background and mechanical experience are highly encouraged to apply.
The Human Resources Officer,
Impact Research and Development Organization
P. O. Box 9171