Jobs Recruitment at Lutheran World Federation for Education Officer and Secondary School Teachers in Kakuma Kenya 2013
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based at Kakuma Refugee camp:
1. Education Officer (Early Childhood Development / Special Needs Education)
Duties and Responsibilities will include among others:
- Setting short and medium term ECD/SNE unit program plans in liaison with the SEO
- Assisting with planning and design of ECD/SNE education activities and measures of achievement
- Investigate gender imbalances in education and implementing initiatives to increasing enrolment of girls in schools.
- Keeping the SEO apprised of emerging issues within the schools, the refugee communities, and involving the PTA
- Provide technical advice on SNE policies and guidance on education issues for persons with disabilities
- Overall in charge of school supplies; requisitions, deliveries and monitoring use for effective use
- Monitoring progress of ECD/SNE education unit through regular school visits and attending meetings.
- Identification and placement of children with Disabilities in schools and making referrals where appropriate
- Preparing Reports for the purpose of better informing LWF/DWS and its partners on ECD/SNE unit regularly
- Reviewing work plans and activity plans of the ECD/SNE unit for adherence to LWF/DWS goals and objectives.
- Working with teachers, etc to ensure the meaningful participation of learners in all aspects of ECD/SNE unit.
- Identifying teacher training needs and making proper managements for in-service training of teachers
- Assist in conducting ECD/SNE education unit staff performance appraisals every term, or as directed by the SEO.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with qualifications either in ECDE or SNE
- Diploma either in ECD or SNE in addition to and depending on the degree
- 3 years progressive experience managing education programmes in marginalized and/or hard to reach populations.
- Experience gained working with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy; MS Office suite
- Experience in development of Individualized Education Programme (IEP)
- Practical experience in project cycle management
2. Secondary School Teachers
- Kiswahili/History/Religious Education/Geography
- Mathematics/Business Studies/Geography
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree (B.Ed arts or Science) or
- BSC/BA General with Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from a recognized university
- At least 2 years teaching experience.
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF/ WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/ former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 18th September 2013
P.O. Box 48 Kakuma,
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.