AMREF is the largest indigenous health development non-governmental organization based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, AMREF aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health.
With headquarters in Kenya, AMREF has programs in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Sudan, South Africa and West Africa.
Employing over 800 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $90 million, AMREF is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
Are you ready for a challenge to help bring lasting health change in Africa?
Come join a dynamic team if you are an organized, highly-motivated and results-oriented individual for the position of Project Assistant in the Unite for Body Rights (UFBR) Project under the Child and Reproductive Health Programme.
Ref. No: KCO/PA/UFBR/001/2013
The positions report to the Project Manager and are based in Loitokitok and Magadi
Purpose of the Job:-
To assist in the implementation of the project activities on sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through community programming.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Assisting in developing, planning and implementing SRHR activities in line with the project work plans.
- Assisting in developing/adapting relevant IEC/BCC materials to support field activities.
- Working in conjunction with the relevant government and county departments and other partners to plan and supervise the implementation of the project activities.
- Assisting in advocating for direct poverty alleviation through SRHR services, comprehensive sexuality education and reduction of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV).
- Supporting capacity building of health workers, CSOs and peer educators, to implement project activities.
- Networking with relevant partners (GoK, NGOs, CBOs, FBOs, youth groups etc) to strengthen partnerships and influencing policy at county and community levels.
- Participating in continuous monitoring and evaluation through quality data collection, analyzing and dissemination.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to the project as per donor requirements.
- Assisting in conducting operations research and sharing of results.
- Assisting in the development of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
- Assist in managing relevant project financial transactions
Qualifications and Competencies:-
The ideal candidate should possess a first degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent and have a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in a busy NGO.
Experience in project management, community mobilization and community development are essential.
Knowledge and experience in SRHR strategies and approaches among the nomadic communities are an added advantage.
The candidate must be ICT proficient and have strong analytical, problem-solving and networking skills. Should be a team player and a good communicator.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to send their application letter and CV which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work related referees.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and apply to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, 20th September 2013.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application.
You are not required to pay any fees to apply for jobs in AMREF.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
P.O.Box 30125-00100, Nairobi.
Tel: +254 020 699 4000
Fax: +254 020 606 340
For more information visit our website www.amref.org