Jobs vacancy at AERC Programme Administrator and Research Administrator in Kenya 2013
Exciting Career Opportunities
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not – for – profit Pan – African institution, dedicated for the last 25 years to enabling the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa.
The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in Sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists.
AERC is seeking to recruit a suitable individual to fill the following positions:
The position is responsible for the administration of grants within the programme as well as ensures efficient financial management of programme activities.
- Manage, update and maintain an accurate record of all grants awarded, disbursed and balances payable;
- Assist in the preparation of annual Programme for Work and Budget;
- Prepare payments to grantees and to other service providers;
- Maintain an accurate budget monitoring system to track budgets and donor expenditure;
- Prepare financial reports for individual donors and management reports;
- Keep track of all donor agreements including due dates disbursements and requests and ensure compliance to donor requirements in the use of funds;
- Assist in the preparation for audit schedules;
- Assists in the management of all financial aspects for various workshops and meetings;
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce or any Business related discipline;
- Minimum of CPA III;
- At least three years relevant experience;
- Experience in computerized accounting systems;
- Experience in Grant management and donor reporting;
The position is responsible for providing programmatic support services to the Research Department as well as efficient and effective administration of data and donor reporting.
- Assist in preparation of annual activity implementation plans and implementation of the Programme for work and budget
- Preparation of initial donor/ Management narrative reports;
- Support the research managers in the technical preparation for workshops
- Coordinate and analyze satisfaction surveys/ evaluations from workshops and various courses
- Assist in management of the research pipeline at all stages
- Maintain a record and follow up on feedback from various reviewers and researchers
- Supervise the management and maintenance of the database of researchers
- Assist in coordinating and supervising the logistical aspects of research activities including workshops and meetings.
- Masters Degree in Economics
- 3 years experience in report writing, data analysis and information management
- Experience in programme/ Project Management, administration and planning
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage workload effectively
- Proficiency in oral and written French is an added advantage
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications
If you believe you believe you have the qualifications and experience to the above roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
To be considered your application must be received by 30th August 2013 addressed to:
For more information on AERC, you can visit our website on www.aercafrica.org