Latest Job vacancy at Tourism Fund in Kenya September 2013
Tourism Fund is a body corporate established under the Tourism Act, 2011 is seeking to recruit a qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following position:
Position: Finance Manager
- Develop and Implement prudent management and investment plans and mechanisms in the Finance department to minimize financial risks in line with the government guidelines.
- Coordinate and implement the overall function of managing organizational funds, while upholding good financial practices based on international standards.
- Prepare reports to the Chief Executive officer on all financial matters to cover receipts, payments and banking.
- Align the operations of the department with appropriate technological operations.
- Implementation of financial policies, decisions of the Board of Trustees to ensure proper administration of budgetary controls, accountability of financial rules and regulations.
- Managing the accounting and monitoring procedures of the Organization’s finances according to international financial reporting standards.
- Prepare budget performance reports.
- Update the Board regarding changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the Organization business operations and ensure that all statutory legal financial obligations are met on time.
- Supervise, train and mentor staff from the department.
- Bachelors degree in Financial Management related fields
- Masters degree in Business Administration with specialization in Finance management from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Post graduate qualification is desirable
- Professional accounting qualification CPA (K), ACC CA.
- Eight years experience in a busy finance department in a senior position with clear track record of performance.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound Analytical and IT skills relevant in finance related packages.
- Be aged 35 years and above.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are asked to submit their applications with an updated curriculum vitae with three referees, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and day contact telephone number to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 46987-00100 GPO
P.O. Box 46987-00100 GPO
To reach the office not later than 5.00pm Tuesday 1st October, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Tourism Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Those who had applied earlier need not apply.