Marie Stopes Medical Detailer Job recruitment in Nairobi Kenya 2013 (KShs 70K – 75K)
Position: Medical Detailer
Reporting To: Social Marketing Manager
Duty Station: Support Office, Nairobi with constant travel to the field.
Type of Contract: Fixed Term- 2 Years
Salary: 70,000 – 75,000 Gross Pay
General Purpose of the Role
Generally, medical detailers have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professionals.
- Book appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments.
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff e.g. receptionists;
- Keeping detailed records of all activities done through daily reports and updating of the central database for customers.
- Reaching (and if possible exceeding) set sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This involves discussing future targets with the area sales manager.
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products and communicating the same to management.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments and anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Ensure that customer orders have been received and executed accordingly by the organization. In most cases you will be required to carry and deliver such goods to the client.
- Be responsible for the collection of all payments for goods supplied in the territory and remitting the same to the organization as instructed by the manager.
- Represent the organization to health care providers and other partners with a high level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications in B.Sc/ B. Sc in Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical marketing is key (at least 2 years in pharmaceutical marketing).
- Computer skills is essential (making presentations, sales analysis with excel e.t.c)
- Must be ready to travel a lot (up to 80%).
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Good financial management skills
- Always highly motivated and quite innovative.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees (2 immediate former and current supervisors) should be submitted to:
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 9th September 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications will be reviewed as they come.
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Medical Detailer’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer