Media Accountant Job vacancy in Kenya September 2013
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Prepare profit and loss statements , monthly expense comparison, bank reconciliations and petty cash report
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Fixed Assets Management
- Tax Returns: Proper records for all tax returns should be readily available and fully support all tax returns. Timely returns need to be made on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis.
- Filing: Appropriate filing of financial documents [invoices, receipts, management reports, monthly and annual financial statements] should be kept safely both in soft and hard copy where appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Option or any other Business related degree.
- CPA part II or equivalent
- The person should have 3 years post qualification experience
- High level of integrity especially in regards to confidentiality.
- Expertise in interpreting information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good computer knowledge especially using excel
- Good decision-making ability.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures, willing to work long hours.
- Time management skills
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of 18th September, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.