One Acre Fund Inputs Procurement Analyst Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
The Inputs Team is responsible for procuring agricultural inputs (seed, fertilizer, solar lights, other necessary items).
Primary Duties of the Procurement Analyst
- Work with One Acre Fund operations teams to understand their needs for agricultural inputs, the quantities required and the deadlines for delivery
- Maintain a database of local and international suppliers and understand which inputs they carry
- Reach out to suppliers to get price quotations and negotiate best possible price
- Develop and maintain templates for purchase orders, contracts, and other required documents
- Work with suppliers to sign contracts and place orders
- Work with One Acre Fund finance team to ensure that suppliers are paid on time
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure that deliveries are made timely
- Occasionally provide support on working with clearing agents and insurance companies
- Constantly look out for new sources of supply and way to decrease the costs of agricultural inputs for One Acre Fund
- Provide general support to Inputs Team Manager
We are seeking professionals with 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in procurement.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution, at least Second Upper preferred
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent, but minimum B in Math, English.
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment such as government, business or NGO’s
- Experience in procurement preferable, but not required
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to email@example.com (Subject line: Inputs Procurement Analyst + the place you heard of the position).
Interested Applicants to submit their applications by 4th September 2013.