Sales Manager Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Job Purpose: Sells products by implementing sales plans, Marketing Plans, Market monitoring tracking and evaluation and supervising sales staff.
Sales Manager Job Duties:
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Understanding of the Steel and Construction materials industry.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation,
- Selling to Customer Needs,
- Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning,
- Building Relationships, Coaching,
- Managing Processes, Market Knowledge
- Developing Budgets, Staffing
- High Diploma/Degree in Marketing or related Business Sturdy.
- 3 years experience in the Steel and Constructions materials industry preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors and other employees.