Tumaini Kwa Watoto Resource Mobilizer Job Employment in Kenya 2013
Background and History
Tumaini Kwa Watoto (Kenya Children of Hope) was founded in 1996 and started operating in Kenya in 1999 to address the plight of orphans and abandoned children in Kenya.
Reporting To: Country Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a partnership strategy that optimizes relationship with partners
- Responsible for the submission of reports to partners in accordance to agreed terms
- Identify, research, build and maintain satisfactory relationships with partners at the national, regional and international levels
- Establish and oversee a structure that monitors partnership relationships
- Develop a fundraising and partnership plan and be responsible for the overall implementations of this plan
- Develop and maintain a donor data base
- Develop and establish standards for proposal writing and concept notes
- Prepare reports and analysis setting forth progress, trends and appropriate recommendations to the management
- Develop publicity strategies to keep TKW’s profile visible in social, electronic and print media as well as related networks.
- Any other duties delegated by the supervisor.
Candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A bachelors degree in Commerce or Communication with specialization in marketing and/or fundraising from a recognized university;
- A masters degree and post graduate qualification in commerce/communication/marketing or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 4 years experience with a reputable organization in fundraising will be essential;
- A proven productive experience in fundraising with non-governmental organizations with international exposure and good portfolio of local and international fundraising contacts or associates will be a definite advantage.
- Strong leadership and management skill needed;
- Ability to report in an effective, efficient and timely manner;
- Good decision making and problem solving skills;
- Initiative and creativity;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Continuous and never ending improvement (CANI)
- Servant hearted.
- Carry out your task with the humility of Jesus (Philippians 2:5-8).
- Deep love and compassion for hurting children.
- Committed to TKW vision, mission and values.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 15th August 2013