Zenith Systems CCTV, Access Control and Alarm Installation Technician Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya September 2013
Zenith Systems Ltd is located in Nairobi and specializes in provision of integrated security solutions.
We supply, install and maintain a wide range of security and surveillance products and systems.
We are seeking for suitable candidates with experience in installing, troubleshooting and maintaining CCTV systems, access control systems, intruder alarm systems, fire detection systems, electric gates and other security products and systems to fill the position of an Installation Technician.
- Install, configure and program IP and Analog CCTV cameras (including DVRs and NVRs), Access Control Systems, Intruder Alarm Systems, Fire Detection Systems, Electric Gates and other security products and systems.
- Integrate CCTV cameras, access control systems and other security systems through service installation and software deployment.
- Undertake and coordinate customer site surveys to determine security and technical requirements, including preparing detailed site plans/schematics and make recommendations for appropriate system solutions.
- Assess installed systems for operational and performance deficiencies through documented testing and troubleshooting protocols/procedures and discuss with customers the appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage installation job site in an efficient and safe manner keeping it clean, organized and professional.
- Ability to identify new and innovative product opportunities, study the feasibility of the same and prepare technical manuals for the products and update the Quality Plans when required.
- On Call duties including responding and resolving after hours and weekend trouble calls if needed.
- Contribute to preparing tender and proposal documentation and responding to technical requirements as needed.
- Assist in preparing costing/billing assessments for installation, repair and maintenance works as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a recognized National Training Institution.
- Minimum 3 years experience installing, commissioning and maintaining electronic security systems, including CCTVs (IP and Analog CCTV cameras), Access Controls, Intruder Alarms, Fire Detection Systems, Electric Gates, etc
- Advanced knowledge of computers and IP networks, structured cabling methods, racking, cable terminations and practices
- Demonstrated experience in using cable testers, termination tools and other basic hand and power tools
- Advanced conduit and cable management skills are essential
- Experience installing all types of electro-magnetic locks and strikes
- Experience in wiring security and communication control panels
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision or as a team leader
- Ability to work in any environment safely and must have maintained an excellent safety record over the last 3 years
- Ability to teach and provide guidance to other engineers
- Must be able to work in outdoor settings and confined spaces, be comfortable working with ladders, tolerating heights, and be able to routinely lift, push, or pull packages of up to 25kgs.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs (with 3 professional referees and contact details) to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected salary not later than Wednesday 9th October, 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line of the application email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.